National Association on Bilingual Educatio in the USA
42nd Annual Conference!
February 7-9, 2013, Orlando, FL
BILINGUAL EDUCATION: Celebrating 42 years of Educational Excellence in Reforming, Renewing and Achieving Equity through Bilingual Education and Biliteracy for All
The NABE conference is the largest gathering of parents, teachers, administrators, policy makers, future teachers and professors dedicated to serving bilingual and English Language Learners in the United States.
The annual meeting has expanded beyond the field of bilingual education to include 21st Century Learning, Title l , Title lll , Pre-school, Dual Immersion, Foreign Languages, especially the critical languages, English as a Second Language, Sheltered Instruction, Heritage Language Programs, and other approaches for multilingual students from pre-K to grade 16.
NABE conference attendees have institutional purchasing power. Many are responsible for procuring the full range of educational materials, products, and services for use in linguistically and culturally diversed learning environments.
The four-day conference will feature:
– More than 2,000 attendees
– Internationally renowned keynote and featured speakers
– More than 200 featured and concurrent sessions
– A major product exhibition and job fair
NABE 2013 attendees will include:
– School administrators, superintendents, and board members
– Teachers, future teachers and other instructional personnel
– University-based researchers and teacher-trainers
– Parent and community leaders
– State and federal policy makers
– News media representatives
– International representatives
Dr. Kenji Hakuta
Dr. Alberto Carvahlo
Dr. Andrew Cohen
Dr. Ophelia Garcia